This is a combined major at the interface of biology and chemistry that partially overlaps the requirements for those two individual majors. It is particularly appropriate for those going on to graduate work and also provides a strong background for those entering medical, dental, and veterinary school.
Learning Outcomes of the Program in Biochemistry
Students majoring in biochemistry will:
- Be able to apply knowledge of chemistry and biology to solve biochemical problems.
- Possess a breadth of knowledge in organic, physical, and bio-chemistry, as well as genetics, molecular biology, and cellular biology.
- Be able to identify, formulate, and solve complex biochemical problems.
- Read and understand original research.
- Be able to design and conduct experiments.
- Have a mastery of techniques and skills.
- Be able to communicate results and findings.