Requirements for the Major
A minimum of 10 courses are required to complete a theatre major.
Core Requirements (seven courses)
1. One course in performance: any course in the THEA001 PO series or THEA012 PO.
2. One course in design: THEA 002 PO - Introduction to Theatrical Design
3. Two courses in theatre history/dramatic literature:
4. One course in theatre technology:
5. One course (or the equivalent) in movement:
- THEA089C PO
- any studio course taught by the Pomona College Dance Program or the Scripps College Dance Department.
Note: This requirement (#5) may be met by one full credit course, or a combination of two half-courses, which can be in a single subject, or spread out among two of the three above.
6. THEA 188 PO - Contemporary Performance Praxis
Electives (two courses)
Any combination of full or half-credit courses not taken as part of the core requirements above. Majors are encouraged to take at least one theatre elective containing a community engagement component.
Practicum (half course)
- THEA187 PO
This course is to be thematically related to the student’s proposed Senior Thesis or Project below, and must be completed before the Senior Thesis or Project has begun. Permission required.
Senior Exercise (one course)
Scripps theatre majors must complete a senior thesis
Production Crew Assignments
Three production crew assignments are required. Academic credit for this work is availalble but not required. See THEA 052C PO - Theatre Production: Practicum and THEA 052H PO - Theatre Production: Practicum and Pedagogy .